The Board of Trustees of the Finkelstein Memorial Library recognizes the public meeting rooms as an integral part of the Library's services. The meeting rooms are principally for Library programs, but will be made available to community groups such as educational, civic, musical, literary, historical, fraternal, cultural programs or governmental actiivities.
- All meetings must be open to the public.
- Groups may only book space twice in a calendar year. Booking will be taken within THREE months of the date.
- If permission is granted to a group whose members are 18 years of age or younger, at least one adult shall attend all meetings and must be responsible for their conduct. An adult must sign the application for space use.
- Light refreshments may be brought in. Limited kitchen facilities are available, including an urn for water or coffee. (Coffee, tea, etc. must be provided by the group.) No dishes or silverware will be provided. The organization is responsible for the cleaning of the coffeepot. All refuse must be disposed of in containers provided and the room left in an orderly condition.
- No alcoholic beverages may be served.
- Applicant agrees to make good any damage arising from occupancy of the building. The Library shall not be held responsible for loss or damage to any property owned by users of the Meeting Room.
- The applicant agrees to hold the Board of Trustees harmless from any claim, loss or damage caused by an act of negligence on the part of the applicant or any person using the facilities.
- No material may be attached to the walls for display purposes.
ROOM CAPACITIES ARE SPECIFIED BY THE FIRE DEPARTMENT AND MUST BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED.
BOOKING A ROOM:
Bookings are made with the Library Director's Secretary Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:30 am and 4:30 pm.
Confirmation will be made in writing to the applicant once the form has been returned.
WHEN ARE ROOMS AVAILABLE?
Meetings may be scheduled during the following hours:
|-- 9 p.m.|
|-- 6 p.m.|
|-- 5 p.m.|
|-- 5 p.m.|
The granting of permission to any group for use of a meeting room merely grants to it the license for such use, which may be revoked by the Library at any time.
The Library reserves the right to revoke permission or withhold granting of permission for use of the meeting room, in the event it deems in its sole judgement that such use would not be in the best interest of the library.
No admission fees may be charged by the outside organization.
No solicitations, raffles or other fund raising is permitted.
Organizations using the Library's premises are not required to compensate any member of the staff for any services.
A donation of $10 to help defray custodial costs would be most appreciated.
Back to the Library home page